The Retreat At Brooks
Seven miles from Peachtree City, Georgia lies the ideal retreat for those seeking a tranquil place for health rejuvenation and unwinding from the stressors of modern life. The Retreat at Brooks was established by Physician and Chronic Disease Epidemiologist, Dr. Paul Goldberg. For over 35 years, Dr. Goldberg has helped restore chronically ill patients to good health through his work at the Goldberg Clinic in Atlanta, Georgia. The Retreat at Brooks, in partnership with the Goldberg Clinic, offers the opportunity for those weary with stess and suffering from chronic illness to begin their road towards renewed health in a beautiful, modern environment in the country.
In order to give our guests extensive personal attention, we limit our facility to no more than three guests at a time. Our facility lies on nine acres of rolling land and combines the clinical skills of the Goldberg Clinic with the beauty and tranquility of nature, creating the optimal conditions to begin your journey towards health renewal.
Dr. Goldberg and Associate Director Dr. David Tener supervise your stay and assure your needs are met, that an individualized program is developed for you and that you carry forward with that program after your departure. Your Health Program at the Retreat will include health evaluation, education and restoration components including detoxification if needed, fasting (if indicated), natural, whole food, organic diet, personalized health education, exercise program, physiotherapy and counseling. Each guest is assessed to assure that all aspects of their situation are considered in meeting their health goals.
Water fasting when desired and indicated is planned according to each guests needs. Fasting is an option and not for everyone as many clients are able to achieve their goals without fasting or with a very limited fasting period. Juice diets, raw food diets, mono-diets, etc. are also employed commonly as per client needs and goals.
The focus of The Retreat at Brooks is a place for you to begin your health reform process and to develop a program that you will carry home with you to continue. We cater particularly to those with chronic health issues looking to improve their well being and to obtain the education needed to carry on their new health promoting ways learned at the Retreat once they return home.
You will be carefully evaluated in a comprehensive manner. At The Retreat at Brooks we focus on addressing the causes of your health issues, on body and mind renewal and on educating you how to carry forward on your own after your departure.
In the early 1970’s Dr. Goldberg was stricken with severe Rheumatoid and Ulcerative Colitis. His battle to regain his health served as the inspiration for his career in working with others with chronic health issues.
Dr. Goldberg began his professional career in 1976 as Health Director of the legendary Shangri-La Natural Hygiene Institute. Dr. Goldberg later interned under famed Hygienic Practitioner Dr. William Esser and was granted Professional Certification by The International Association of Hygienic Physicians.
Dr. Goldberg has served as Professor of Clinical Nutrition, Rheumatology and Gastroenterology at Life University from 1980 to the present and has lectured widely on clinical topics related to chronic disease reversal including Autoimmune Problems, Rheumatoid Diseases, Allergies, Gastrointestinal Issues, Chronic Fatigue, Blood Sugar Disorders and a wide range of other chronic health problems, to students, laypeople and to professional groups. He is a Diplomate of the American Clinical Board of Nutrition, The Chiropractic Board of Clinical Nutrition, a graduate of Bowling Green State University, Life Chiropractic College, and The University of Texas Medical Center, Graduate School of Public Health.
Since 1984 Dr. Goldberg has been the Director of the Goldberg Clinic in Atlanta. His successful work with patients with autoimmune, rheumatoid, gastrointestinal issues and other chronic problems brings health seekers from across the United States and from other nations including Australia, Canada, Mexico, Italy, Norway, Ireland, England, Venezuela the Philippines and Greece.
Dr. David Tener is the Associate Doctor of the Goldberg Clinic and the Retreat at Brooks. He has mentored under Dr. Goldberg since 2009 and has an in depth knowledge of Natural Hygiene, in addition to being a licensed Doctor of Chiropractic who graduated Valedictorian of his class at Life University. Dr. Tener also graduated with a degree in Psychology (magna cum laude) from New York University. Dr. Tener is a member of the International Association of Hygienic Physicians, is certified in Grastin Technique of Muscular Rehabilitation and is a passionate gardener who manages the Organic Gardens at The Retreat at Brooks.
The Retreat At Brooks boasts a modern, comfortable building. Each bedroom has large windows to allow sunlight and fresh air in when desired or to be tightly closed to utilize the modern climate control equipment to eliminate outdoor allergens for those who are environmentally sensitive.
The Retreat at Brooks has a well equipped kitchen where juices and natural organic meals are prepared, a comfortable living/gathering room and nine acres of rolling land including organic gardens to stroll upon with beautiful scenery. Laundry service is provided. We prize the fact that our guests have privacy, comfort and peace to obtain the extensive rest they need to assist in the rejuvenation process.
Each guest receives a daily health consultation with Dr. Goldberg and/or Dr. Tener. We maintain a quiet and peaceful environment at the retreat for the health and well being of our guests. There is a mandatory lights out at 9:30 P.M. as well as a siesta period from 1:00 to 2:30 P.M. We have a lending library for our guests with books and educational videos complete with a selection of Health and Hygienic Literature.
Meals are vegan or vegetarian as per the request and needs of each guest. We offer healthy raw as well as cooked food choices according to the needs of our patients. In the warmer months, the menu is raw food oriented. The dietary is always tailored to your specific needs by Drs. Goldberg and Tener. We know from long clinical experience that each guest has different needs that must be met in order to bring about successful health rejuvenation.
Keeping in mind that one of our main objectives is health education, counseling and education services are given to all our guests as part of our mission.
Some guests wish to undergo a supervised (water only) fast. We do not encourage water fasting for most patients for longer than a week with the duration being determined on a day-by-day basis through examination and laboratory analysis. Juice and other limited diets are also employed to promote detoxification and healing. Properly supervised fasting, for an appropriate period of time, can provide dramatic benefits.
What we are:
- A place where optimal conditions are created to allow for the natural reversal of chronic diseases.
- A place where each client receives personalized care.
- A place where each client departs at the end of their stay with a comprehensive program to carry on their care at home with follow through by the Doctors of the Goldberg Clinic
- An educational facility where clients learn how to take optimal care of themselves.
- An educational facility that seeks to enable each person to turn health care into self-care.
What we are not:
- We are not a hospital or medical clinic nor do we offer medical care.
- We are not a therapy center where symptoms are treated. Programs are individualized based upon each client’s history, physical exam and functional laboratory studies and are geared towards the restoration of each person’s health.
- While we provide fasting supervision when applicable, we only utilize fasting as part of a comprehensive program based on the client’s needs. The majority of our clients do not require fasting.
- We are not an “alternative” health center with a hodge podge of treatments. Our services are based upon Dr. Goldberg’s long experience (since 1976) as a practitioner and as a teacher.
I. Contact The Retreat at Brooks/The Goldberg Clinic to speak with one of the doctors regarding your needs. A questionnaire will be sent to you to determine if The Retreat at Brooks is a good match for your goals.
II. A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 to be fully applied to your stay will be made at the time of booking your reservation.
III. You will be assigned a time to arrive at The Goldberg Clinic and/or at The Retreat at Brooks for your entry examination and evaluation.
A Comprehensive Approach:
I. A complete health evaluation is mandatory for all patients. This consists of a case history, physical examination and basic lab testing. This work up can be conducted at the Goldberg Clinic in Atlanta, Georgia or at The Retreat at Brooks if desired. This will include a review of any prior health/medical records that you wish to share.
II. Following the initial health evaluation, a health rejuvenation program is developed for each client to be followed during their stay at The Retreat At Brooks. During the client’s stay, detailed functional evaluations will be conducted to permit the development of an individualized program to be given to the patient upon their departure to be followed at home. The detailed plan developed during the rejuvenative four to seven days at Brooks will be presented to you prior to your departure and followed under the guidance of Drs. Goldberg and Tener for ten weeks. This is to assure that the progress begun at The Retreat at Brooks continues when you return home.
The Retreat at Brooks provides an all-inclusive ten week plus program that includes:
1) A four day or seven day stay at The Retreat At Brooks, comprehensive functional lab testing with nutritional analysis (pre and post), all practitioner services including examinations, private room, natural organic meals, fasting supervision (if employed), use of all facilities, daily counseling, nutrient supplementation, massage services, physiotherapy, Chiropractic Services if appropriate and requested, supervised exercise program, laundry services, etc. There are no additional fees.
2) Follow-up services after leaving Brooks for ten weeks including e-mail services and/or office visits, nutrient supplementation and appropriate follow up functional laboratory analysis done through the Goldberg Clinic.
The Retreat at Brooks is limited to two guests at a time in order to provide a highly personalized service.
For information regarding costs for the full ten week plus all inclusive program, please contact the Goldberg Clinic at 770-974-7470.
1) All facets of the program are adjusted to the individual for those suffering with chronic health problems that limit activity to active clients desiring a disciplined health and fitness program.
2) All clients staying at Brooks must be mobile and able to take care of their basic needs. We do not provide medical or nursing care.
3) We do not allow any type of alcohol or tobacco products at the Retreat.
4) All guests must be at least 21 years of age.
5) Clients wishing to fast must not be on drugs of any type.
The Retreat at Brooks is now taking reservations for the Spring of 2015.
For further information or to schedule a reservation at The Retreat at Brooks please contact us:
The Retreat at Brooks is an educational facility. Services provided are not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Health needs are a very individualized matter and making alterations in a haphazard fashion can be dangerous to your health.
Changes in your drug medications or therapies should not be made without the approval and supervision of a licensed physician in whom you have confidence.